Information on this topic:
Residents are saying:
Resale, Lender InformationLender, Resale, and Leasing Information
To assist lenders, agents representing residents and our residents, please click on the appropriate selection below for information and documents to assist you.
-Lease Information includes lease permit packages.
-Real Estate Signage includes Laguna Woods Village real estate signage rules and regulations and an example.
-Lender Information includes escrow demand and homeowner association certification documents (including governing documents).
-Resale Information includes:
- Resale application packages;
- Fees associated with the transfer of property;
- General resale information;
- Financial requirement information;
-Information for Insurers includes annual insurance disclosures and policy summaries.
Real Estate Signage Rules and Regulations
Effective immediately, the following rules apply to real estate signs for United and Third Mutual.
FOR SALE SIGNS:
1. A maximum of one (1) “For Sale” or “For Lease” or “For Rent” sign may be placed at a Manor. It may be in a window, on a gate, or on a post placed within one (1) foot of the building. Signs are not allowed on balcony or stairway railings. The maximum size is 6 square feet, and if placed in a window it may be no larger than 20% of the window size. No illumination is allowed. The maximum character size is twelve (12) inches. There is no restriction as to how long the sign may remain posted. Security will photograph then where feasible remove excessive or improperly posted signs.
OPEN HOUSE SIGNS:
1. ““Open House” signs may be present on Saturday and Sunday, between 10:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. They may also be present on Wednesday and Thursday, between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. in conjunction with Broker Preview events.
2. At the entrance to or anywhere within a cul-de-sac a maximum of three (3) “Open House” signs per manor may be placed. These signs may be up to 24” x 24” in size. There are no other specifications regarding the appearance of these signs. Security will photograph then remove excessive or improperly posted signs.
3. “Open House” directional (designated by an arrow) signs may be placed at street intersections and cul-de-sac entrances only. No mid-block signs are allowed.
4. Directional signs must conform to an approved design: 24” x 9” corrugated plastic with vinyl letters and using approved colors, font and logo (see example below).
4a. Available for purchase from RESS - Real Estate Signs & Supplies (949) 855-1355.
5. At any street intersection or cul-de-sac entrance there may be no more than
a. one (1) directional sign pointing in any one direction, and
b. four (4) total directional signs, regardless of the number of open houses in the vicinity.
6. The rules allow for both a 24” x 24” sign and a 24” x 9” directional sign to be placed at a cul-de-sac entrance.
7. Security will photograph, then remove all duplicate, excessive, and improperly placed directional signs. If you know which properly placed sign was installed first, remove the subsequently placed sign(s). If you do not know which properly placed sign was installed first, randomly remove the excessive sign(s).
8. Removed signs will be deposited at the Service Center and disposed of every Wednesday in accordance with current practice.
Reference Village Board Resolutions: United Mutual #01-11-229, and #01-12-33; Third Mutual # 03-11-214, and #03-12-21; and GRF #90-11-117 and GRF #90-13-45.
Example of Approved Sign Design